The Women’s Cell is established in the college in 2007 in accordance with the directions issued by UGC, MHRD and Supreme Court ruling of 1997 on the issue of sexual harassment in the work place to enhance understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for them. With an aim of creating awareness of their rights and duties the cell organizes and participates in seminars, talks, awareness programmes , entrepreneurial training and so on.
- To look into all the grievances of students and employees.
- To ensure that sexual harassment is treated as an unacceptable social behavior within the institution and the society.
- To make students aware about the guidelines of Supreme Court.
- Inculcating entrepreneurial attitude among young girls at the earliest so that they can be “job givers” rather than “job seekers.”
- To create awareness amongst students about the problems faced by women of all strata due to gender issues.
- To create awareness amongst students about the issues related to the youth and girls in particular.
- To enhance the self- esteem and self- confidence of girl students, women faculty and staff in the College.
- To develop critical thinking ability of women students.
- To inculcate team spirit in the students.
- To enable women to make informed choices in areas like education, employment and health especially reproductive health.
We invite students:
- To participate whole-heartedly and willingly in the programmes organized by the Cell.
- Share their concerns about issues (gender related or otherwise) affecting them within or outside the college premises.
We reiterate that The Women Cell is at the service of EACH AND EVERY student.