Objectives: The program empowers the student with excellent business communication, analytical, strategic, leadership and business skills and critical thinking processes that shall help them to operate successfully in the corporate environment. The students are oriented to explore through teamwork, academic excellence and integrated skills and management tools. The objective of the course is to provide an understanding of basic concepts, principles and practices of management. The aim is to inculcate the ability to apply multifunctional approach to organization objective.
Maximum Seats: 40
Eligibility: Minimum 40% marks in 10+2/Inter
Duration: The duration of the course shall be three years (i.e. three academic sessions). Each year will be divided into two semesters (July-December, Jan-June). There will be about 90 teaching days in a semester. The examinations will be held in around December and May for the first/third/fifth and second/fourth/sixth semesters respectively.
Course Structure: The structure of the course shall consist of 5(five) papers in each of the Semesters inclusive of seminar and Viva-voce. There shall be specialization. Management, Insurance Business Management in the fifth and semesters respectively. A student shall have to exercise his option of option for any one of the group as specialization at the end of the fourth semester in such a way that he/she shall have to opt 4(four) papers in one specializationgroup-2(two) each in fifth and sixth semester(respectively).
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The rules contained below in this section shall prevail and shall be binding on all concerned. Every student would be deemed to have read and understood all the rules of this section.
- All the admissions made will be provisional and be subject to thorough scrutiny. If it is found at any stage, during the entire period of the course that the candidate-has furnished any false or incorrect information in the application form or at the time or counseling/admission, his/her candidature for the course will be summarily cancelled.
- All powers relating to discipline and disciplinary actions are vested in the principal, who has the final authority.
- The following shall amount to indiscipline and misconduct.
- Any physical assault or even threat to use physical force against any other officer/member of the Institute (Both teaching and nonteaching) within or outside the Institute’s premises.
- Carrying of weapons or threat of using them.
- Any gesture, posture or verbal remark, which is otherwise derogatory to women.
- Any attempt to bribery for illegal gains or any other corruption of any means.
- Willful destruction of, damage to or defacing of Institute property or causing any disruption in any manner to the normal functioning of the institute.
- Creating ill-will or intolerance on religious, political or communal groups.
- Smoking, use of alcohol, prohibited drugs is strictly banned inside the campus.
- The disciplinary actions, could be taken against the students indulged in the acts of indiscipline and/ misconduct would be:
- That any student or students be expelled from the Institution.
- Any student or students be, for a stated period, rusticated or not allowed to attend a course or course of study in the Institute for a stated period.
- Be fined by specific amount.
- Be debarred from giving a departmental examination or University examination.
- That the result of the student or students concerned in the examination or examinations in which he/she/they appeared be withheld.
- All the boys and girls seeking admission in the offered course are expected to follow the following rules and regulation subject to change by Institute Authorities.
- Immediately after admission, every student submits himself/herself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the principal or the, concerned authority.
- It is mandatory that all the students fulfill the minimum attendance requirements as given in the ordinance governing the course.
- The name of the any student absenting himself/herself without any valid reason or without written permission from concerned authorities for a period of six working days from the class will be struck off form the Institute roll. However, he/she will be permitted to attend the class by paying readmission charges.
- Any student who-
- is irregular in attendance.
- fails to show anticipated progress or due diligence in academics.
- is a habitual non-performer.
- is liable to have his/her name struck off from the rolls of the institute. The principal reserves the sole discretion of readmission.
- The progress of the students will be communicated to their parents/guardians regularly.
- All the students will necessarily attend their internal exams conducted by the institute. Parents/Guardians are requested to pay regular and proper attention to the progress of their Children and must meet Principal or any other designated officer(s) as and when called for, in the interest of their ward.
- The students attend Institute in the Uniform code given in the prospectus. Defaulters in this regard would be penalized according to the rules framed from time to time.
- All students entering the institute should carry their identity card issued by the Institute on person while in the Institute campus.
- Any misconduct or misbehavior in the Institute campus or outside shall be viewed seriously and liable to be penalized according to Uttarakhand State University Act. Pasting of any kind of notice or poster within the Institute or defacing its property is not allowed.
- The students will not be allowed to loiter about without purpose in the Institution premises. They are advised to avail the library facilities during their free periods.
- If students lose or do any type of damage/damages to any library book/books, they must either arrange to replace it with new one at their own cost within one month of such a loss or pay double the price of the book.
- Students will have to pay for all damage caused by them to the books, instruments, equipment or any other Institute’s property.
- Students are advised to maintain the decorum of the Institution in yhe real spirit.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited, both within and outside premises of the Institute. Any individual or collective act or practice of ragging constitutes gross indiscipline and shall be dealt with strictly.
- Participation in any political movement, group or any other organization would be considered very seriously and disciplinary action would be taken.
- Students indulging in any anti-national activity would be expelled from the Institute immediately.
- Mobile phones are not allowed in the class room.
- Students are expected to attend the college on the reopening day after vacation. No excuse will be considered for absence. For such absence, fine would be imposed upon according to Institution rules.
- Matter not covered by the above rules will fall entirely within the absolute discretion of the Principal of the Institute only.
Faculty: Every course has well qualified and experienced faculty. Practitioners are also invited from time to time to familiarize the students with the latest developments in the field. Wide range of teaching methods is employed to create varied learning environments. They include: Structured Lectures, Seminars, Hands on Computer Work, Project Assignment, Company visit, Guest lectures and Panel discussions.
Attendance: A Minimum of 75% attendance is essential to be eligible to appear in the examination.
Library: There is a separate well-stocked departmental library for each course with latest text and reference books, journals and periodicals.
Conference Hall: Conference Hall is equipped with over head and LCD projectors, filled with audio visual aids and networked for live presentations. Students are encouraged to make live presentation.
Placement: The College provide assistance for placement in public and private sector.
Sports: Sports play an important role in the over all development of students and a large space is devoted to play grounds for cricket, basketball, volleyball, badminton, tennis etc.
Personality Development Program: Personality development program help students to polish their skills and gain confidence in the most positive way.